Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The One Where I Introduce My Husband

Quite frankly, I'm tired of typing "my husband" a thousand times per post. Possibly hyperbole but it certainly feels true! Also, I recently learned that word is NOT pronounced hyper-bowl. Sometimes learning new words by sounding them out from the books I read comes back to bite me in the ass. Don't even get me started on the Ventrilo chat that occurred when I said something about the The Inevitable City in Warhammer Online. Obviously, hilarity ensued.

On to the story! Since he decided to introduce my blog to the world, I figured I'd return the favor.

Very soon (like a week) after Dark Age of Camelot launched there was a paladin named Dimli who kept over pulling and killing himself and my own group who was fighting nearby. Ah, the good old days of aggro-sharing!

Spiders were the mob of the day, I believe. I was the healer, who felt the innate responsibility to rez him every time. Because he clearly figured out that if he didn't release, I would, and then I'd come back and rez him. Lazy pallys (and naive healers)!

This annoyed my group mates because rezzing was incredibly mana intensive and I'd have to sit and regain mana which made our fighting go way slower than it would have if I'd left the poor sucker to figure out he couldn't handle the mobs he was fighting while solo. As a bonus, there would have been more spiders for my group to kill if he had left! But being the healer has it perks, or did back then, and the call of "OOM" (out of mana) would immediately put a stop to our own mob pulling, since no one in my group had a death wish.

We decided to invite the pally to our group to minimize our own downtime and deaths and 3 years later we were dating. Another year and half and we were married in one of our favorite places in the world, Vegas!

We continue to play video games both separately and together. Separately but in the same game works better normally, since he's a min/maxer while I randomly hold funerals, including reciting appropriate poetry made up on the spot, for the wildlife (mostly squirrels) in whatever massively multi-player online role playing game (MMORPG) we happen to be playing. Apparently people seem to feel the need to run by and slaughter them for no reason. It drives him mad, but I feel it's only fitting their pixelated corpses receive the proper respect. And I might like to annoy him sometimes.

He's a computer programmer who feels that anything that isn't done optimally with as much min/maxing as possible simply isn't done properly. This includes mapping errands to take the most "optimal" route and doing the least amount of work for the most amount of reward both in and out of game. He likes to annoy me sometimes too.

It's awesome being married to your best friend.

From now on, he shall be known on this blog as Dimli, the greatest pally on life!

No comments:

Post a Comment