Tuesday, August 13, 2013

What We're Playing 13AUG13

Tovin:
World of Warcraft
This week I've been playing, as always, a ton of World of Warcraft (WoW). I am working on:
    -Valor for my shadow priest, who I raid on
    -Leveling my mage (she's level 46 now!) so I can raid with her whenever the new expansion comes out
    -Fishing! I LOVE fishing! I am trying for the tiny carp, got two so far, only two more to go. Then lots for my guildies.
    -Loremaster of Kalimdor achieve, because I'm kind of an achievement whore

There's just so much to do in WoW, I tend to have a hard time focusing on doing one thing at a time. I've started on the PvP achievements, and find it a bit annoying playing with people who all seem to be doing their own thing rather than having a dedicated goal of winning and team over self. Oh well, that's WoW, right?

Starcraft 2
I've also been playing Starcraft every now and then. I mostly do a custom game every few days, though I've been slacking and yesterday it showed, when I lost to a computer AI set on "harder". That was sad, so back to playing at least once every two days! My zerg level is 27 and moving along quite nicely!

Final Fantasy 7
I got Final Fantasy 7 a few weeks ago, but it's hard to sit down and find long uninterrupted time to play. I really don't want to stay logged in and ramp up extra time played!

Faster Than Light (FTL)
I've played a few games of FTL. I suck at it. Turns out I also didn't know how to actually maneuver my people around! Now that I have that down, I'm excited to give it a try. It's a good game to pop in and play for a few minutes, now that my Plants VS Zombies (PVZ) addiction has calmed. I blame the recent re-attack of PVZ on the slot machines in Laughlin that we found that are themed around the game.

Second Chance Heroes
I've been playing in the Second Chance Heroes beta every now and then. This one is fun, though not exactly my style. I am enjoying Abe Lincoln with a chainsaw immensely! If you want in on the beta, check it out!

Dimli:
Dim has been playing a ton of Diablo 3, to get ready for whatever expansion news we'll be hearing out of Gamescom in Cologne, Germany this month. I think it helps that the current races in Path of Exile are happening at times that he can't really make and he tends to enjoy that type of game play.

He's also been leveling his Monk in WoW. He levels so much faster than I do! Probably because I pretty much refuse to do dungeons. I hate them!

I think we've ended the BorderLands 2 downloadable content marathon he went through the last three weeks, since he hasn't loaded it up once over the weekend or so far this week. I guess I just have to wait and see.

He also went through a huge Orcs Must Die 2 marathon a few weeks ago, and I think we've got that craze out of his system.

Looking Forward To:
Not a whole lot on the upcoming game market we're super stoked about. Waiting to see what Blizzard announces at Gamescon. I am excited for a D3 expansion, my hardcore Demon Hunter needs some love!


I browse the the Camelot Unchained Founders Forums weekly and watch with complete non-enthusiasm any news about Wildstar.

Otherwise, just waiting for Labor Day weekend, when my brother and sister-in-law will be down. They're both huge gaming geeks so we always have a blast! Last time we played some rather tipsy Star Tropics (WAY harder than we remembered) and some Mega Man 10 from WiiWare on the Nintendo Wii, lots of great fail laughs between pizza, Cheetos, and refreshing drinkage.

I am open to suggestions on great, relatively inexpensive video games we could play together and have some fun with!

No comments:

Post a Comment